Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Design Thief: Christmas Cheer I "Borrowed" From Union Square

I admit it: Yesterday I was feeling a little bit Bah-Hum-Bug-ish.  I was walking my dog, Jasper, and was looking for a little Christmas inspiration in my neighborhood.  I saw a few trees in windows and a wreath here and there. They did look good....but....nothing was looking truly inspired.  When I am fresh out of ideas and inspiration, I like to get out and see if I can find some ideas to "borrow".  I headed down to Union Square.  First, I stopped off to see the Macy's Christmas Tree.

Now, THERE'S a tree topper!  It's big, bold and cheery.  

I found this tree topper on Etsy.

Next, I went into Barney's and saw a stunning mannequin in the entrance:


There is something so chic about a simple color palette with a monochromatic light installation.  I thought, why not decorate a tree with a monochromatic string of lights?

I found these lights on Amazon.com

When I went into Macy's I saw a giant wall brought to life with this seasonal reminder:


Now, my kitchen chalkboard looks like this!  Great idea I had, eh?

If you don't have a chalkboard already, here is cute one I found on Amazon.com

My day out idea-borrowing at Union Square was a success!  With just a couple of small changes, I injected a bit of new energy into my Christmas decorating this year.  

Tell me, do you have any new decorating ideas you are trying this year? 

Until next week, Happy Decorating!
-Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment